Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

An update!

Well I have decided to come out of the silence and write something new...

Let me first say that teaching is amazing! I truly do love it. My students are all great and we have a great time in Bible class. All of my 8th graders seem to like me and I have already had a lot of compliments from students, parents, and the administration. Ok, enough bragging about myself. It is lots of fun though and I am in the right place. In 8th grade Bible we are studying through the Gospel of John and it has been cool to see the light bulbs turn on as my students are faced with the reality that Jesus was tortured and died on a Roman Cross for their sins. If they forget most of the things I say... and they will most likely my hope is for them to walk away from my classes knowing and loving Jesus more.

Well anyway, outside of school ,life is good and I have decided not to do any work on my Master's degree right away as teaching is taking up a lot of time! I basically have no curiculum for my classes so I am developing all of it. 8th grade has some but it is pretty out-dated. I am using some of it but am trying to make it relevant for today's generation. I am showing lots of media and trying to facilitate lots of class discussions. Any ideas?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger Ineke said...

    Hey Austin, van harte gefeliciteerd!!
    Many happy returns, hope you have a wonderful day!
    Ineke and the lot

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home