Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Thursday, September 06, 2007

First Week of School

So I know I have one day of school left in the week but I thought I would go ahead and update the blog since I am motivated. So far teaching is awesome! My students are great and already I have had parents telling me that their kids have come home saying how much they love my classes! This is kind of surprising because I really tried to come across as strict my first week so that they would respect my authority from the start. Well they do respect me very well and we are having a great time. Ha ha, I have to tell this...
Today out of the corner of my eye I caught a boy throwing a wad of paper half way across the room into the trash can but he missed. So I told him, to hold on to his paper next time but if he is going to try to throw it into the trash to at least make the shot next time. Well this got a few laughs and then this girl says, "Mr. Buckley...did you just say if you can't make it to the bathroom to go in the trash can?" How this girl got that from what I said I have no idea but we all got a good laugh out of it to say the least!


Well anyway I am so glad tomorrow is the weekend as it has been a busy week and I am tired! All those papers to keep track of and organize! That really is the hard part. The teaching and the students are the fun parts. We will see if I still say that a few months from now!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home