Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Back to Slovakia!

As some of you know last week I traveled to Slovakia to visit my friend Nathan who is serving on the mission field there. It was such an awesome week! On Monday we went to Prague which was a very beautiful city even in winter. I wish the pictures could do it justice but they just can’t. The city is filled with beautiful old buildings and the focal point of the city is a huge old castle on top of a hill. It was just so beautiful! The rest of the week we pretty much just chilled in Zvadka, the village where Nathan lives. We watched movies, played video games and just basically chilled. Thursday night we went to a city about an hour and a half away to see a band called “The Backwards” who are a Beatles cover band. They were incredible! They sounded just like the Beatles. They are actually Slovakian and they travel the world doing concerts and competitions in which they have won many. Afterwards we ate dinner with the band at a restaurant because one of the guys who were with us went to school with one of the band members. We did do some work the week I was there staining some doors in the missionary’s house as well as leading three Bible studies and on Sunday I taught the lesson at the kid’s club which was so fun. All in all it was a very relaxing week and boy did I need it! Well in two weeks I am going to London for the weekend and then I will only have like 2 and a half months before I come home!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awesome photos! Looks like you and Nathan had a great time. We're so happy for you that were able to experience that. And yes, you look very Euro, but don't get too used to it! We want you home!
    Love,
    Mom

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Ineke said...

    Praque! How jealous can i be?
    Looks like you had a great time and with London to look forward to, wow!
    Will you be going back to the states before school is over then?

     
  • At 12:02 PM , Blogger Austin said...

    Yes, my plan is to go back home by the end of May, not too sure yet. The plane tickets more than double starting in June so we all agreed I could leave early.

     
  • At 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Austin,
    This is Tricia Clore and I hang out with your crazy Mom on the back row of the choir. She's so much fun...sometimes too much! She's been telling me about your blog and I finally checked it out for myself (with a little help on how exactly to do it). The pictures are amazing! This is such an awesome experience that God has allowed you to have and I can tell you've been enjoying it this far. Enjoy these last couple of months as I am sure they are going to fly by!

    Take care and God bless!

    Tricia

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home