Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The new family

The Sutterland house (it's like a duplex)
The phat new ride I get to pimp around in.
The house
A view from the back of their garden (I am not allowed to show the rest till Spring)
Joris (12), Marjolijn (14), and Mase
Coen age 7

As many of you already know I am au pairing now with a new family here in Rotterdam, the Sutterlands. The new family has three kids who live in the house Coen (7), Joris (12), and Marjolijn (14). The parents are Coen and Mase (ages withheld so I will not be fired). Mase and Coen are both physicians and own their own practice in the city. I am now living in a residential neighborhood about 15 minutes by car (30 min by bike) into the city. Most of my duties will stay the same except I will mainly be taking care of the youngest boy Coen although I will be hanging out with all of them. Coen and Joris go to the same school as the other children I was watching (http://www.oldenbarneveltschool.nl/) so I will still be teaching (volunteer) twice a week with the English program for grades 6-8. I am also attending the English services at The Church on the Way Rotterdam which meets in the World Trade Center in the city. They have one service in Dutch and one in English. They just started the English service a few months ago and it is very small but growing as the Lord seems to bring new people every week. You can also check them out on the web at http://www.en.tcotwr.nl. As always make sure to check out my new pics (more inside pics of the house to come later).

2 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Enjoyed the pictures! It was great having you home over Christmas. So glad you enjoyed it, too. It's not the same without you here. It's quiet. lol
    Love,
    Mom

     
  • At 8:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to see the new pics up and I hope this family really works out for you. oh-I'm in london (just day 2 so not much to report except I think I'm really going to like this family (very warm and affectionate(really, the brits have been mislabled as austere and cold)).
    cheers! Alex

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home