Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Friday, January 26, 2007

They really got me!

Well the 6th graders really got me today at my English conversation class! My lesson today was on different basic foods and "likes" v.s. "dislikes". I had 25 foods and out of the 25 foods I told the kids that there were 4 I didn't like and they had to go through the list asking me in English what I liked and the 1st person to guess all four that I disliked won the game. So we get to ham and this boy asks me, "Austin do you like Snikkel?" (if you speak Dutch you already get it!) I said naively, "what’s that?" Another boy says, "Well, it's like ham but long". I said "well maybe I would like it". Then they all busted out laughing. I was like "what? What is it?" So the boy pointed down and I knew, they got me! So I said oh! No! No! Thank goodness it happened at the end of class as the lesson was shot after that.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home