Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Friday, February 16, 2007

I am still alive, I promise!

It has been a while since my last entry and so I thought I would update everyone who still reads this thing on how life in Europe has been going. Well to be honest the past month has been very trying! It has been a little tough transitioning into the new family but I am pleased to say that this past weekend I talked with the family about some of the issues that I have been having and they seem to be resolved. This past week has been the best week so far with the new family. I know that God wants me here in Holland for a season and I am determined not to leave until God reveals to me that the season is over. Since I arrived in Holland God has taught me so many lessons and He has given me abundant strength for every trial that I have faced. Trials and temptations come and go but the strength of our Lord endures forever! Every day it seems I am given new opportunities to share the Gospel with non-believers and this has been truly a blessing.

On another note...God is so awesome! This Sunday I am going to Slovakia for a whole week as the kids are going to France for a week because they have a week off from school. So anyway my friend Christine in Texas had asked if she could ship me a few books to give Nathan in Slovakia as shipping to Slovakia can be a little sketchy sometimes. So I agreed and didn't hear anything from her until yesterday when she asked me if I had received the package (which included some American candy for me!). I told her that I had not received it yet but hopefully I would on Friday or Saturday as I leave on Sunday.

Well all day I prayed for it to arrive and when I got home this evening it was on the kitchen table! I know this seems small but all day I prayed believing in faith that the package would come as I know those books will greatly encourage Nathan who is serving as a missionary. Well they came and just on time! Some of you reading this need a miracle from God or know someone who does. Why not pray believing God in faith for Him to breakthrough in your life? He knows the desires of our hearts and Ephesians 3:20 says that He is able to do "exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think"! Never forget that He is always there for you and He loves you more than you will ever know!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amen, Bro'! I mean...son! Preach it! Word!

     
  • At 1:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yea! I'm glad the ol' USPS and I were able to encourage you. I'll gladly send y'all more books, candy, etc anytime (remember- I have the hook-up w/ Tom Nelson goodies).

    Christine :-D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home