Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Buckley family Christmas, drama on flights, and more!

I wish I would have posted some over Christmas but I was either too tired or too busy so there are my excuses to start with. Well anyway I had a great Christmas with my family in Virginia! There's nothing like being at home for Christmas. There was definitely drama though on my long flight over let me tell you! For a minute I thought I was going to be on the evening news! No not really but basically I ticked off a flight attendant for sitting in the "Crew Seating" which on this plane were just regular seats in which not all of them were labeled.


So I am sitting there with my legs stretched out watching my TV and this flight attendant yells from across the plane, "Hey who's that guy sitting in our seats?" I was then abruptly and very rudely told to get up and go back to my seat. I explained to them that that there was no sign on the seat I was sitting in to indicate that it was for the crew and that I had switched seats because the TV. was broken at the other seat. Then I told them that I really didn't appreciate being yelled at especially in front of half the flight. I told them that it was unprofessional and out of line. So in the end I was moved to a better seat with a little more leg room.

Christmas and New Year's were all very nice, just good times with family and friends. Christmas eve we went to church where my parents both sing in the choir and it was a very nice service. Then we went home for food and Christmas movies! Christmas morning we opened our presents and spent the day vegetating in front of the TV and eating more and more till there was no room left! The rest of vacation was spent shopping and catching up with old friends!

My flights back seemed to go by quickly but again more drama with me passing out! Now I have passed out before but really never like this! I was sitting there in my seat and started to feel dizzy and sick so I woke up the lady next to me and told her I felt sick and had to go to the bathroom. Before I could even open the lavoratory door I completely passed out and fell to the ground. I woke up with this shocked man standing over me asking if I was ok. Then the flight crew rushed over and sat me on the ground out of the way while they brought over an oxygen tank. So they hook me up to that and start asking me all of these questions like did I do drugs before the flight, you know just your normal questions. I don't really know why I passed out but I am pretty sure it was due to dehydration as I had only drunk a little water. So bottom line is, make sure you drink plenty of liquids on your next flight because you may end up on the ground hooked up to oxygen!

Well this blog entry is getting long so I will close but before I do, make sure to check out the Christmas pics and everybody have a Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home