Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Europe is the place to be!

Well I did post pics of my room but accidentally posted them twice so then I accidentally deleted both! Now the wireless network I was using to post pics isn't working so I have to go a different route until I gat a password. Ok enough of that. The weekend was so much fun! Friday evening I chilled at home. Saturday I got this huge craving for sesami chicken! So I went out on bike to see if I could find some. As soon as I left it started to drizzle. I didn't care though, I was on a serious mission! Well then it started to pour so I parked the bike and stood on somebody's stoop under the overhang. Then I heard all this loud music, boom, boom, boom. It was the dance parade that was going on that day! The parade made it's way right across the street from where I was standing and it was so cool! I couldn't find any sesami chicken, bummer, so I went home and ate for free. Then later when the rain let up I went back out to the dance parade. It was one of the coolest parades I have ever seen.

Today (Sunday) I got up and visited a church I found on the net, Scotts Church, which is an English speaking international church. The church is affiliated with the Church of Scottland and is pretty traditional, with a touch of contemporary songs and other things. It was a little too traditional for me but I did manage to meet an American in the military from Virginia/North Carolina! We talked for a bit and just out of ear shot of the pastor he basically refered me to another church, one where he takes his family sometimes. He said it is geared more towards a younger crowd. So I will try it soon. Later in the day I went out to a park near the Euromast where they were having classical music musicians playing on stages throughout the park. It was very nice and I felt very European sitting in a large garden with a large classical house in the background with many people sipping their wine. It was somewhat of a classy event with many people dressed up for the occassion. Some people dressed quite extravegantly for the occassion in very ornate dresses or suites. I will post pics soon. Other than that I did a lot of biking today (mostly getting a little lost then pulling out the map and getting back on track). So all in all it was a great weekend with Europe, particularly the Netherlands, making a good impression so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home