Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Thursday, July 27, 2006

A going away present...

Well yesterday was interesting. I got off work and picked up my last pay check and then went shopping for about two hours for shoes and clothes. Well that would normally be fun but it was just plain exhausting and by the end of it I had a splitting headache. So I was ready to get home! I am moving right along in my car on the 250 bypass to get on I-64 here in Charlottesville and I wasn't real concerned with how fast I am going cause I am not a big speeder. Well I see this cop and look down to see that I am going 70 in a 55 zone! I lay on the brakes and pass the cop. Immediately he pulls out and pulls me over. Right away I start explaining myself and how horrible I feel to the officer and that I really didn't know how fast I was going. Then I ask for a warning. Well I guess he had just about enough of my rammbling cause he gave me this mean look and demanded my drivers license! I guess they don't do warnings anymore. So he writes me this big fat ticket that I must now pay before I leave this blessed country where the cops work so tirelessly to protect us from ourselves on the road.

Interestingly enough I had to call the cops about two months ago because of the small riot in front of my apt. building and it took them 25 minutes to get there when the station if 5 min. away. The guys were talking about shooting each other and they were all beating each other up. So the cops show up and put 3 car loads of drunk thugs in their cars and send them on their way. Now somebody please tell me what is wrong with this whole picture! I get a big fat ticket and the drunks run free! I will sleep soundly tonight knowing that Virginia's finest are there to protect us!

9 Comments:

  • At 2:00 AM , Blogger James said...

    They don't care if you're drunk, just so long as you don't exceed the speed limit.

     
  • At 3:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Man, this is Nate. When do you head out again? We are doing camps and stuff. But yeah, let me know when you get there. it's something like $150 round trip (plane) to go visit you and I'm planning on going to paris sometime to visit my cousin. So let me know when you are heading out and all that good stuff and we'll have to get together over here and all

     
  • At 2:59 PM , Blogger Austin said...

    I leave this Sunday the 6th! It's hard to believe that it's already August! Yes let's get together. Maybe I can make it to Paris for the weekend when you are there if it's not too expensive. We will see. Let me know when you are going.

     
  • At 7:07 AM , Blogger Ineke said...

    Hey Austin,
    just got home from vacation and went to your blog immediately ofcourse (right)

    Time is running by very very fast.
    Today i am doing about 20 loads of laundry, tomorrow i am off to work and then it's the weekend with Morten's birthday celebrated for the family this Sunday, preparing your room, moving Jamie to the spare room (;)and i'll see you at the airport at 7 am sharp, monday morning.
    Wishing you a lot of joy these last few days, i hope everyone really spoils you like they should (tell them that's an old dutch custom and i would really be offended if they didn't)before you're off.
    ps: we've taken 3 tsech kittens with us from vacation and they are sooo cute.

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Austin said...

    Hey Dutchie,

    Welcome back from vacation! I hope it was restful for you all. Yes, everybody is spoiling me. Friday my parents and I went out to a nice dinner at an authentic German restaraunt called the Bavarian Chef, and it was great! Yesterday my ex-bosses took me out to a nice lunch and on Saturday night some of my friends are throwing me a big party! So I am enjoying my last days here. I packed my bags today and thank God everything is going to fit in only one large bag to check under the plane and two carry-on bags. After living in Ecuador for 6 months I learned that you only use about half of what you take with you and that other countries actually have what the US has, LOl. I am shocked that it all fit as I have been shopping like mad! Well I can't wait to get there as the whole US is having a huge heat wave! It has been over 100 degrees here this week counting the heat index. I have just been staying inside and drinking lots of water. Well I better get off here and do something constructive.

     
  • At 7:41 AM , Blogger Ineke said...

    Be prepared then for lots of rain!
    We've had a heatwave the last 3 weeks, but somehow the weather changed allway round to nothing but rain the last 4 days. Complete with thunders, storms and the lot.
    Forecast are saying it will be better as of this Sunday (meaning mid twenty degrees C.)

     
  • At 1:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

     
  • At 2:05 PM , Blogger Austin said...

    And who might you be anonymous person who likes my site?

     
  • At 1:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home