Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Monday, October 16, 2006

Another Year Younger!

Yes it's true, Sunday I turned 25! Ahhh! The big 25. My dear brother reminded me that this means that I have now lived a quarter of a century. I definitely had a great day of rest and in the evening Robbert and Ineke took me out to a very nice restaurant in Den Haag for seafood.

As I have looked back in my mind, this past week, over these 25 years that I have been alive I can truely say that I am blest. I have a college degree. I live in Europe! I am healthy and I have just about the best family and friends that one could hope for and I have fulfilled many live goals and dreams. I was reminded though this past week that the greatest acheivement of my life is one that I did not accomplish. It is the salvation that I have been given by God through the Lord Jesus. Take everything else away, all of my accomplishments, my dreams and goals fulfilled, my college degree, EVERYTHING, and simply leave me with the salvation given to me and that would be more than enough. In the end and in the over all picture of life all is rubbish and there is nothing great compared to the riches of the love of God. I am so glad that I can say that I have been caught in the reckless raging fury of the love of God!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM , Blogger James said...

    Glad you had a good day! I'll bet they have great seafood in Rotterdam.

     
  • At 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're still a wee laddie! We won't talk about how old I'll be next month (at least there's still a 2 in front).

    Christine

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home