Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The past few weeks...

Well hello all you faithful readers of my blog. I am sorry I have not posted in a while. I need to do better! I had a nice past few weeks and I have been keeping very busy it seems. I am enjoying my dutch class that meets every Tuesday night form 8-10pm. There are about 5 or 6 au pairs in the class and I have enjoyed getting to know my classmates the past few weeks. I finally have some people to hang out with! I have also been attending a small Baptist church here in Rotterdam the past few weeks. Today was awesome as 5 people accepted Christ today! This is huge considering that there were only like 17 adults there today. The message was on why Christ came to Earth. The pastor had a very different appraoch than what I am used to but I kind of liked it. He gave the invitation and asked all who would like to receive Christ to come forward. Then he stopped the music and took the time to hold each one's hands individually and then pray individually with each one out loud. At first I was thinking how uncomfortable they must feel infront of everyone praying like that but then I thought how great it was because this pastor wanted to make sure that these people were serious about the decision that they were making to follow Christ. After each one prayed we all joined them up front and prayed for them to follow Christ and to live for Him. It was very encouraging.

Later today I went to a horse show with Ineke, Caroline, and Morten but it had already ended by the time we arrived. So I snapped a few picks of the horses and watched the concert that was going on inside. Man these Dutch like to party! This past week I finally got around to making the family dinner! I have started dinner for Ineke and Robbert before but this time I cooked it all (with some help from the kids). I decided to give them a taste of the South with one of my favorite meals meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs, and for dessert banana pudding! It was delicious if I do say so myself! I was actually surprised just how good it all was. It was pretty close to what mom would have made. For the banana pudding I followed Paula Deen's recipe for "This aint yo momma's banana pudding". I had to cut a few corners as they don't have frozen whipped topping here (no coolwhip) and they don't have sweetened condensed milk either. It was stll pretty darn good and everybody seemed to enjoy the meal. Ok enough bragging about myself. I am actually getting ready to head to an evening praise and worship service at the Pilgrim Father's Church (Dutch Reformed). Well I would love to hear how everybody out there is doing. Don't be a stranger, drop me a line.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My mom is a fan of the "ain't yo momma's banana pudding." But how can you live with out Eagle Brand milk? That and Nestle Toll House are what desserts are made of!

    Christine

     
  • At 6:42 AM , Blogger Austin said...

    Yes I must say that I am a fan too but I am sure that mine was way different than Paula Dean's. Yeah I have been a little suprised here of some products that you can't get here or some that they only offer a few kinds of such a bars of soap. Bath gels are much more popular here so the stores only carry like maybe two or three kinds of bar soaps if you are lucky. It is also hard to find sticks of deoderant, they are really into the spray kinds here.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home