Austin's amazing, Fantastic Blog

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dutch Cheese!


Well while grocery shopping today at the Giant super market I came across some Dutch cheese imported from Holland. Since I am moving there I thought it would be wise to try out their cheese. You can always tell a good country by their cheese and wine! So I am not sure if this is "real" Dutch cheese or not, but I thought it was pretty good! It had a good taste and texture. So Ineke, maybe you can comment and tell us if you know anything about this brand or if you think it is "real" Dutch cheese. The brand is Frico and it is Dutch Edam. I'm sure there are many cheese companies but anything you can tell us about Dutch cheese would help. So here is the picture taken before I sampled it.
(I swear, I had no wine before typing this)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:12 AM , Blogger Ineke said...

    O yes, this is Dutch cheese allright. Edam is a quite little place somewhere in the neighborhood of Amsterdam.

    We have a lot of cheeses and buy our cheeses more depending on cow/goat milk, young, older, old, reaaaally old (i think that's the best; the cheeses crumbles under knive)and ofcourse the brand. Edammer cheese is not very popular around here. I like Old Amsterdam or Maaslander (less salty) more. No worries, before you are done with us, you'll have eaten a LOT of cheese.
    I could also lecture about the insane variety we have on brown bread, but i'll show you that in our own bakery across the street.

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Blogger Austin said...

    Thanks Ineke. I am so glad the Dutch make good cheese, nothing against Ecuador (cause I love it there) but there cheese is terrible! When I came home from there one of my first requests was some good cheese!

     
  • At 10:12 AM , Blogger Austin said...

    Wow that is expensive! This must have just been cheap cheese then because it was like $5.00 for what you saw in the picture. It was good though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home